This is what we hate about Baby Boomers.
(DISCLAIMER: Just how almost every article on Millennials completely generalizes the entire generation, this one will do the same for Baby Boomers. We apologize, but we had to keep with the trend, as wrong as it is.)
I hope one day before the Baby Boomers die there will be a study done that shows how much they screwed up Millennials due to all the scrutiny and shit-talking from Baby Boomers.
My name is Hazel and I am a Millennial. I have been hearing about how terrible my generation and I are for about 10 years now and on behalf of 75% of us, we’re OVER IT. Maybe Millennials have more confidence than Baby Boomers, but let me start with this– we don’t care what you think about us! But since you can’t seem to keep your opinions to yourself, it’s only fair that we don’t have to either.
After reading article upon article and hearing more passive aggressive statements about Millennials than we care to list, the editorial team at Second Glance decided on a more direct approach. The following are a few things that drive us crazy about Baby Boomers.
TECHNOLOGY… It’s not going away, but you can.
Wonder what the older generation would say if Millennials all of a sudden stopping helping them fix their computer issues for free?
— Nicholas Wilson (@Shaken_Bacon) May 28, 2017
- Head’s up… typing isn’t just for secretaries anymore and they don’t even teach cursive writing in school anymore. So quit it with all these hand-written notes, please.
- Along with typing, learn how to copy and paste, you lazy motherfuckers.
- Just because I am young does not mean I am your personal IT person. Unless you pay me. A lot.
- The reason your computer runs so slowly is because you have every document you ever received open on your desktop. Clean it up, people.
- We can guess your password… you son’s first name and birthdate right? Maybe consider something slightly more complex and don’t come to me when your life gets hacked.
Honestly I wonder how many trees we’ll save just by letting baby boomers die, so that people aren’t pointlessly printing.
— PizzaJusticeWarrior (@pizzaops) June 7, 2016
- Stop. Printing. Everything. JUST STOP.
- Work meetings are not the place to talk about your current fad diet. Or menopause. Or your health ailments. Or other people’s health ailments.
- Why is your cell phone ringer always on??? More importantly, why don’t you know how to silence the ringer in meetings? It literally involves hitting ONE BUTTON.
- You know how you think Millennials are lazy? We’re not lazy; we’re efficient and can get our work done in a quarter of the time that you can. So we waste the other 75% of our day bumming around… because we can. Take a moment to Google ways to be more efficient and maybe you can be like us, too.
- You don’t need to read documents aloud to me. I am literate, thank you.
Can’t decide if the baby boomers have ruined our lives more with what they did to the economy or with how much they use reply all on email
— Shea Butter Coulee (@salliyahg) January 6, 2016
- Do not Reply All. Ever. There is a proper time and place to use this function, but you’ll clearly never take the time to learn when it’s appropriate.
- Email is not a chat platform. Condense your thoughts about a particular topic into one email, including questions you may have. Exchanging 20 emails to get to the end of a conversation is an enormous waste of time. You may have the time, but I don’t.
- How about using that Subject Line for once?
- STOP SENDING ME AN EMAIL THAT SAYS ONLY “Thank you.”
- Why are you still forwarding generic political rants, chain letters and quotes about life? ESPECIALLY AT WORK?
Social Media… not just for disappearing selfies
- Stop acting like you’re too good for social media just because you don’t understand it. Yes, we post more than just selfies and when you refer to Twitter as “Tweeter,” it’s more embarrassing for you than it is for us.
- Once you do figure out Facebook, I won’t be accepting your friend request. I’ll be blocking you as I do all coworkers.
- An invitation to Candy Crush is also a fast-track to getting blocked.
- You think we’re self-centered oversharers? Every platform has a way to private message someone. Learn to use.
- Believe it or not, Snapchat is used for a lot more than sending naked pictures.
General Life Skills
Baby boomers: Millennials are lazy!
Also baby boomers: I’m not walking five feet away just to recycle something!
— Nancy Shrew (@thelineupx) March 20, 2017
- FUCKING RECYCLE! Haven’t you done enough to the earth at this point?
- No, I didn’t “catch” Dancing with the Stars last night. Or ever for that matter. I haven’t had cable TV since 2007.
- I also didn’t see the front page of the Sunday paper. Nor did I realize that people still received physical papers when all that information is literally at your fingertips.
- Not everyone can afford a $50 lunch every day (or anyday) so stop inviting me.
- The Internet is still a thing. Learn to use it, bitches. Also, there are more efficient ways of bookmarking URLs other keep them housed in your spcglobal.net inbox.
ITS MY FAVORITE THING TO SEE BABY BOOMERS USING FACEBOOK AND LEAVING COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS WITH ABSOLUTELY ZERO PUNCTUATION ITS MAGICAL
— Lepidoptera (@beefsteakcharli) December 1, 2015
- Stop asking me what year I was born
- Stop typing in all bold or all capital letters.
- Stop giving me unsolicited advice.
- Stop name-dropping lame celebrities or any celebrities. No one cares.
- Stop trying to find commonalities with me – when there are NONE.
I have to be successful because I do too much drunk online shopping.
Shameless‘ Frank Gallagher was my father… but we never let him sleep outside in the snow.
Reads worth your time this week.read more
Plus Tips from Nice Girls Don’t Get The Corner Office 101 to help you out
Email manners for the masses.read more
And no, I do not want to go apple picking.read more
While my friends are buying emergency kits from Amazon and learning CPR, I’m dancing in my bedroom, madly.read more